Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Tale of two Emilys.....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought this was interesting to see....when I got my original Emily, I noticed she had a very large bump in her wig under her hair. I called CS and they graciously said they would send another to replace her. Well, in the meantime as some of you know, I took pictures of her and quickly bonded with her. So then new Emily arrived and although she was just about perfect, I was not able to give original Emily up! I took photos of the two together so people could see how the same exact doll can still have a different expression. Although new Emily is adorable too, there's just something about original Emily that won me over. BTW, original Emily is wearing the Tunic outfit. Oh, and Emily managed to sneak Courtney's (#24) glasses and claim them for her own. Now I have to get Courtney those rectangular tortoishell ones!

    DSCN9381

    DSCN9384

    DSCN9393

    DSCN9437 1

    DSCN9453

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 30, 2006 08:43 PM: Message edited by: luv*AG ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually think I like original Emily better! You can't really see the bump in her hair and she looks so cute in the tunic outfit.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AWWWWW how sweet!

    They do look different facial wise...Emily twins are adorable! LOVE her in Courtney's glasses!

    And, again, although I've said it MANY times, I LOVE YOUR PICS! The lighting is spectacular and you really just capture the beauty of the dolls. Fantastic job!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AGcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2006
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh she looks adorable in those glasses and the Sparkly Tunic too! So are you gonna keep both and pay for the new one too or just return the new one? I'd almost be tempted to want both of them--of course coughing up the extra for the new one would be the problem for me, lol. She'll be around for awhile so you can always get a 2nd one another time if you like the idea of twin Emilys. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Southpaw22's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2005
    Posts
    258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, luv*ag!! I actually like the original much better! She seems to have such a sweet expression, her eyes seem almost a different shade, and I actually like the way her hair falls better. What a sweet sweet girl!! Just out of curiosity, are their neck markings different? Is the originals face wider and paler than the new one? And yes, your photos are amazing. You are probably the best enabler on the board, LOL! Oh, and thanks to you, I have held out as best I can, and this Saturday I go to AGP to pick out my #24!! Thank you for making me fall in love with her!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Original Emily was the winner so new Emily is packed up and ready to return to AG. I've not yet gotten into the Twin thing, there are too many different morsels still to get!

    Both dolls have the Pleasant Company stamp but different numbers/letters under them. The original one IMO, has chubbier cheeks and slightly smaller eyes. I just think I got very lucky with her.

    I am so glad you all like my photos....it's been wonderful discovering this board and having the opportunity to share what I see in these special dolls.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2006
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is amazing how different the 2 dolls look.
    I am glad you went with the original Emily, she looks very appealing and sweet.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with the consensus. Both dolls are lovely, but they do indeed look different. I'm glad you stuck with original Emily -- although both are very pretty, original Emily has a sweeter, softer-looking face, while new Emily has more of a vacant expression. I can't wait to get Emily (but first I am waiting to see if we win the one at our local Barnes & Noble).

  9. #9
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    Wow, I would have trouble choosing between the two Emilys. They are both lovely and have their own look.
    Good job they are both keepers!
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

    ETA: The tunic outfit is so pretty. It'll be on my next order later in November.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 31, 2006 02:28 PM: Message edited by: MapleLeaf ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •